- This event has passed.
Essentials of Radiation Leukaemogenesis
November 4 - November 7
Organised by the CONCERT LEU-TRACK consortium and hosted by PHE, this course aims to cover the core concepts in the study of radiation leukaemogenesis, including use of state-of-the art model systems and analytical methods.
Topics to be covered:
• murine models of radiation-induced leukaemia
• cytogenetic approaches and key molecular events
• physical radiation dosimetry
• importance of radiation quality
• target cells and post-irradiation metabolism
• recombination mediated translocation pathways
• new models for research
• extracellular vesicles and leukaemia
• relevance to human studies
• medical exposure as a risk factor