- This event has passed.
European workshop on Safety Assessment of Fast Neutron Reactors
July 10 - July 12
The objective of this Workshop is dedicated to introduction to the safety assessment of fast neutron reactors: strategy, methodology (technical aspects), and legislation. The focus is on the 4 th Generation ESNII fast reactor demonstrators cooled with liquid metals (sodium, lead, lead-bismuth) and helium.
The following specific topics will be addressed:
– Concepts and Safety Features of Fast Spectrum Reactors
– the ESNII+ scope
– Nuclear Safety and Licensing & Regulatory Aspects
– Experimental Facilities and Benchmarks in Support of Safety Studies
– Computational Safety Assessment Methods and Codes
– EU projects: Current Status and Near Future